Ekiti state is set to empower young people with digital skills in a project tagged The Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy (ESDA).
ESDA is an initiative designed to provide youths in Ekiti state with the technology and soft skills competence needed to access local and global job market opportunities. This is in a bid to establish Ekiti State as the technology capital and home to the most digital literate populace in the country.
The Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy program covers 4 learning tracks:
- Front End Software Development
- Back End Software Development
- Product Design
- Product Management
The mission of the Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy is as follows:
- To facilitate access to economic opportunities for Ekiti’s population through state-wide technology upgrade and digital skills acquisition.
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills to be able to access local and global entry-level jobs in the technology industry.
- To contribute towards increasing the technology talent pipeline for the Ekiti State technology ecosystem
- To empower Ekiti State Youth with advanced technology and soft skills.
- To reduce youth unemployment in Ekiti State by improving technology competency and creating job-placement opportunities for program beneficiaries.
To be Eligible to Apply to The Ekiti State Digital Skills Academy, you must:
- Be a Youth between the ages of 16-35 years
- Be currently residing in Ekiti State
- have basic digital literacy
To learn more and apply, click on the button below